I started with the sketch for the current Lawnscaping Challenge. I loved the simplicity of it.
I knew I wanted to create a flower from layers of paper and paper flowers and that I wanted this flower to take center stage on my card. And I knew I wanted to make the rectangle behind my flower much thinner than the sketch showed (almost like a stem -- or a stick on a pinwheel!)... So this is where I ended up and I am very pleased with the results -- if I do say so myself! ;-)
I hope you like my card. Let me know what you think! I also hope you're finding some time in your day for some crafty fun!
- K&Co. paper - "Que Sera Sera"
- Neenah Cardstock - "Solar White"
- Martha Stewart Punch-Around-the-Page Set - "Double Arches"
- Prima paper flowers - white
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, and Spun Sugar
- Hero Arts stamp - "Tree, Birds, and Messages" set
- Hero Arts Shadow Ink - Soft Pool
- kraft cardstock, brad, adhesives
Thanks for stopping by!