Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Pin It My grandparents, lovingly known by all us grandkids as Mime´ and Nana --

{sidenote:   it's all my fault -- as the oldest grandchild, I unwittingly named my grandfather "Nana" lo-o-o-o-ng before I was old enough to know that the name was typically one bestowed on grand-mothers...  (I was 18 before I realized that Nana was actually a feminine name!)...  The fact that my good-natured grandfather never even flinched when one of us girls called him "Nana" in public makes him even more of a man in my eyes.  He is truly a special man!} 

-- celebrated their 66th wedding anniversary earlier this month!

You know, all these years later, there is still some question about whether their anniversary was actually on the 6th or the 8th (or whether they even paid the preacher for his services ;) -- it's all in who's telling the story! -- but the things that are not in question are the ones that truly matter: a life and legacy of love and family and sharing and commitment...  And we are all blessed to have been witnesses to these.

Happy 66th Anniversary, Mime ´ and Nana!

Much love to you and yours!  Thank you for stopping by -- I would love to hear from you!  :)

Supplies:

  • Prima patterned paper - "Madeline"
  • Hero Arts stamp - "Everyday Sayings"
  • Neenah "Solar White" Cardstock
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo
  • Prima Flowers
  • Ribbon, trim, other flowers by Recollections, beads, gems, adhesives


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful design for your grandparents anniversary! I can tell how much you adore your them from looking at this well thought-out card, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I popped over here to read why you call your Gdad Nana and it's so sweet!! That's such a cute story. And way to go Nana for letting it ride! Gorgeous vintage card too :) And dang, 66 years! Really? That's just amazing. Congrats to them :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...