Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cure for a Rainy Day

Pin It It's raining today, so I need a little color in my life!  And when I need a little color pick-me-up, I very often almost always reach for this Hero Arts "Poppy Background" stamp.  It's so fun to color with my copics and very, very versatile (I love to play with it with different color combos...).



***(as a sidenote, I've never thought of myself as an "orange" kind of girl, but in looking around my house, I notice that warm and sunny color has somehow weasled its way into my heart (and decor)...  hmmm...)***

Pretty simple, but packs quite a punch!  (I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but I applied Glossy Accents to the two focal flowers just to give them a little pop!)

Anywho, this card has cheered me considerably, so I thought I'd share! ;-)  Thanks for visiting; here's hoping it's a sunny day where you are!

Supplies:

  • Hero Arts "Poppy Background" stamp
  • Neenah Solar White cardstock
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copics (R24, R29, YR15, YG03, YG17)
  • Glossy Accents
  • Basic Grey "Ambrosia" grey paper
  • Black cardstock, grosgrain ribbon, adhesives

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I saw it in the Hero Arts flickr group and clicked over here for a better look. It's so lovely! I use that poppy stamp (or one like it) a lot. Welcome to Blog Land! Hope you enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen! I am so excited to be blogging -- and even more excited to now know I'm not just talking (writing) to myself! :) Thanks again for stopping by!

    PS: I stopped by your blog, too. You are so clever and witty and TALENTED! I will definitely be visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card, love the vibrant poppies they really pop out from the page, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card I just love it. ❤️❤️❤️
    I have to try this card and the tecnics out
    Thank you for sharing ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...