Monday, May 28, 2012

They Say It's Your Birthday!

Pin It Hello!

We are smack in the middle of birthday week in my family -- three birthdays and one anniversary in seven days!  Next up is my grandfather -- he will turn 89 (!) this week!  In his honor, I made what has to be the hardest. of. all. cards. to me...  the masculine card!  Girl-cards (for girl-recipients, anyway) are a cinch -- I mean, we crafters are stocked to the gills with flowers and colors and ribbons and bling!  But boy- (or, er, excuse me.... man-cards) throw me for a loop every time!

Sidenote:  In the end, though I'm happy with the result, I'm not really sure it's him...  My grandfather, or "Nana" as we call him -- (story in this post) -- is a super-special man with a fantastic sense of humor and more than a little bit of cantankerousness (which I adore about him!!  :)  I really struggled to distill all that into this card.  In the end, I decided to keep it simple, sticking to clean lines and colors and opting to hand-write the "Happy Birthday" sentiment....    Here it is:


I die-cut the chevrons using My Favorite Things Die-Namics' "Chevron Stripes"and papers from Basic Grey's "Wander" line.

I am also playing along with CAS-ual Fridays' challenge this week to make a masculine card using patterned paper.  Masculine?  check.  Patterned Paper?  double check!  :)


Thanks for visiting!  Hope you had a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend -- blessings to you and yours!  :)


5 comments:

  1. It's full of cool and handsome details, Jennifer. I love the use of chevron and pattern paper! I know your grandpa will love it! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chevrons and patterned paper are gorgeous! Your grandpa will love this! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are loaded w/ celebrations this week! I hope you have fun celebrating and get a good sugar buzz from the cake :) Nice job rockin' the chevrons too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your grandfather! Your card is fabulous. Love all the chevron! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy bday to your grandfather! Love all the chevrons! It's a great masculine card...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...