Wednesday, May 2, 2012

And the Songbirds Keep Singing!

Pin It
Ok, so I am super-excited about this post!  You know when you're making something and everything just seems to "click" as you're making it??  When the colors seem to go just perfectly together and you have just enough adhesive or ribbon or trim to do what you want to do (and all the world is singing together in perfect harmony??  lol!)  Well, that's how this card came together for me -- and trust me, that does not happen all that often!

For this card, I'm using the inspiration from this week's challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays: April Showers Bring May Flowers and the super-cute sketch from Retro Sketches.  I'm a sucker for flowers of all shapes and sizes on cards, so these really called to me!


Anyway, here's my take -- Ta-da!!!

I used my favorite new background stamp from Hero Arts -- "Lattice Background" -- love the look of it heat embossed on kraft cardstock!  The bird and flowers are by Darcie Heater (Darcie's Stamps) which are two of my all-time favorite sets!  

I think that little "songbird" is as cute as he can be, perched on his little twine branch!  (Or barbed wire, as my mom thought it was!!  ugghh!!)

Anyway, I hope you like it -- Thanks for stopping by!  :)






Supplies:
  • Dies:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
  • Stamps:  Hero Arts Lattice Background and Darcie's Garden Wishes and Le Fleurs
  • Inks:  Distress Inks and Copic Markers
  • Papers: Kraft Cardstock and Neenah "Solar White" Cardstock
  • Embossing powder, gems, twine, and adhesives

7 comments:

  1. Your bird and flowers are beautiful Jennifer! Love the bright contrast of the kraft and white background behind the wonderful colors! So glad you joined us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project! I'm so glad you joined the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am as excited as YOU about this post, Jennifer! Wow, what gorgeous colors and layering! The background is stunning! I love it ,too , when something just clicked when you create! And I'm so happy that you share the JOY with your beautiful card! I also love the music share! (note to myself: I must share this video with my son as he is a bird lover!!). Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful- I just love your bright, cheery colors with the bit of twine- nice work. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am now following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!! Barbed wire, that's to funny. :)
    Beautiful take on the sketch.
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely card! Beautiful colors and the bird is so pretty...great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...