I am excited to be playing along with the latest RetroSketches challenge, 'cuz it's a simple one (my favorite kind) which leaves it open for interpretation (woo-hoo! :) This one was a lot of fun for me -- I got to play with a couple of fun techniques and I really kinda like how it all turned out... :)
Wanna see? Ok, here it is:
It's kinda cute, no?? :) I just love this giraffe and by "masking," I think I was able to give her quite a little personality!!
Here is the inspiration sketch:
As you can see, I made mine a tall, skinny card (3.5"x9") and moved the sentiment along the left edge, but left everything else where it is on the sketch....
I hope you like it -- clearly it was a fun one to make! Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamps: Giraffe, bow, square window - Stamps by Judith; flowers - Hero Arts "Layered Flowers"
- Inks: Memento "Rich Cocoa," Copic markers & sepia multiliner
- Papers: Neenah "Desert Storm," Copic Xpress It Blending Card, My Mind's Eye "Fiddlesticks"
- Dies: Memory Box "Round Buttons," Sizzix Bigz "Flowers 3-D"
- Ribbon, Glossy Accents, Rock Candy Stickles