Friday, April 5, 2013

Mad Dash

Pin It

Hello!  and Happy Friday!  Thought I'd try something new today and really push myself beyond my comfort zone…  I have mentioned before that I am not the speediest of crafters -- if fact, that's really putting it mildly…  Usually, every step in the process takes me a while (which, truthfully, is really what I love about this hobby -- it allows me the time to escape and just concentrate on making something  pretty (or "rilly pritty," as my young niece says!).


I have followed the "10 Minute Craft Dash" since Paulina launched it some time ago…  I was in shock and awe (and utter amazement) at what she and her DT were able to come up with in only 10 minutes!  But me??  I was too scared to try…  I knew I'd never, NEVER be able to complete an entire project in that amount of time!

The concept is simple -- take the assigned color scheme and 10 minutes and….  GO!!!

I guess you know where I'm going with this….  Today, I decided to give it my best shot.  Thankfully, the rules say you can gather all your supplies before you start your timer, so I did that (and even had them set out where I'd need them first: some by my paper trimmer, my dies by my Big Shot, etc!).  And I sketched what I wanted to do, and noted all the measurements I needed to cut to, and was ready to go!!  Took (several) deep breaths and started my timer!!!

Well, here it is (in 9:55.2, to be exact!!!  whew!):


And the proof:


Now the trick will be seeing if I can clean up the mess I made in ten minutes or less!  :)  LOL!

Anyway, what fun!  I am totally going to be participating in this challenge again!!  :)

Hope you have a Fabulous Friday…  Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Jen! I have missed seeing you participate in the DeNami Blog hops, so I was SO giddy to see your name come up in my Craft Dash links! I had no idea that you've been following my challenge since it launched- so glad that you wrote that little back story in this post!

    This card is adorable! Loving those leaf diecuts so much! Great job showcasing the colors, too!

    Thank you for playing along in this 10 Minute Craft Dash. I'm going to hold you to playing again in the future! ;)

    P.S. Oh girl, your "mess" isn't that bad....you should see my desk after a session! (I posted a pic on the PPP FB page a while back- it's scary looking)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rilly pritty Jen! I love the stitching!!!! Sweet flowers, perfectly done. It's just awesome. I know what you mean about the mess but yours is NOT at all a bad one! I often make 10 minute craft dash messes that take me 30 minutes to clean up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB card Jen, love that you included stitching too :)
    I need to be SUPER organised to meet the deadline & my desk always looks like a hurricane has blown through afterwards LOL! I have found that if I use a foam tape and peel the back off before I cut the pieces off, I save precious seconds of crafting time ;)
    So glad you joined in the fun at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did that in under 10??? crazy gorgeous! those damn foam backings, they are annoying :/ and your snapshot of your desk. pish. i can't see my desk. too many pretties. *happy sigh* lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Jen. I love the zig-zag stitched flower stems.
    thanks for playing along with us over at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...