Monday, September 3, 2012

Love "Shell" Lift You Up!

Pin It


Hello (and Happy Labor Day to all my American friends!)!  Just wanted to pop in with a quick share this evening!  If you've been following for a while, you know I have a serious affinity for Darcie's stamps and shadowbox frames.  You may remember a couple of cuties I posted a while back (if you'd like a refresher, you can find them here and here).  Well, today, I wanted to share one that I made for my youngest niece, Leighton.  Leighton is a tomboy gone girly-girl, and I knew these turtles would be right up her alley!

For this shadowbox, I used Darcie's "Talilah Turtle" set and created my flower embellishments using her "Fleurs Abondante" set.  

Seriously, how cute are these turtles??  (Though I must admit they gave me a bit of grief…  I am used to stamping and then coloring an image, but this particular set does not lend itself to that technique.  I initially tried stamping and embossing the image and then coloring with my Copics -- ruining a couple, I fear, in the process…  Then I tried stamping with Versamark ink and applying chalks (nice result, though super-tedious!)…  But none of these really gave me the look I was going for.  I had never tried direct-to-rubber coloring (mainly because all I had was Copics and I didn't think that was possible with them…), but decided that was just gonna have to be the technique for these images…  So, I bit the bullet and bought a handful of markers designed for direct-to-rubber, and….. voila!  Colorful Turtles!  :) 


I did come back in and color my gems and pearls with my Copics for some added bling…  Gotta have that!  :)  And the sentiment is all mine -- not a lot of pre-made sentiments fit for turtles stacked on top of each other!  :)




You'll want to check out this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe -- gorgeous color combo and beautiful inspiration board!  :)


Thanks for stopping by!  I will be back tomorrow with a new card with lots of coloring on it that I can't wait to share with you!  Until then, I hope your week starts off with a bang!   :)


6 comments:

  1. She will adore this, Jennifer! Love the way the colors all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how ADORABLE is this?! Awesome :D~

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!!!!Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colorful turtles! So glad you could join us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! These have to be your signature! I love all the layering and color combos you do. Perfect sentiment too. You have a big altered artist inside of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the beautiful colors on your card! Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...