Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Speedy Smiles

Pin It Confessional:  I am not now, nor have I ever been, known for being able to turn out a card or a layout in a rather short period of time (witness: my near panic attack induced by a "90-minute scramble" hosted on the Hero Arts Flickr site a couple of weeks ago...  :) .  I have always marveled at ladies who can crank out several layouts during one crop session while my sister and I, often collaborating on our projects, could crank out one page in oh, say, maybe eight hours!  (Maybe that's why she has apparently moved on to other hobbies!  :)

Even now, as I have discovered a passion for card-making, I'm just not that speedy!  I'm dealing with it.  It's just who I am.  And besides, it's all about the process...  the journey, right??  Haha!

But newsflash:  Today, I completed a card in under 90 minutes!!  (65 to be exact!)  Woot-woot!!
It's not a complicated one, but it's complete!  
And I'm kinda diggin' it!  :)


I used the color inspiration from this week's challenge over at The Play Date Cafe:


and the sketch from Retro Sketches (super-helpful, saved me my most time-consuming step!)


Anyway, I hope you like it...  Thanks for visiting!  Here's hoping you are enjoying and making the most of however many crafty minutes you are getting wherever you are!  :)


6 comments:

  1. I'm "kinda diggin it" as well Jennifer! :) Loving those flowers! The sentiment looks great turned on its side! So glad you joined us this week at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO fun! I love those papers with those beautiful flowers! Great job on these challenges:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had an opportunity to play with us again in The Cafe! This is such a creative way to use all those fabby colors : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I'm embarrassed at how long it takes me to make a card! One tiny little space, hours! And me too, a full scrap layout? In one crop day? Other girls are like machines, I'm like hey look 12 hours later and viola! 1 full layout! Should it matter how long it takes? Let's just go with no! I love your card too. I love starting w/ sketches, it really helps me jump start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, I love your take on the sketch! And those buttons are super cool! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...