Thursday, November 15, 2012

All Torn Up!

Pin It

Good morning!  I just wanted to pop in this morning with another Thanksgiving card {I cannot believe Thanksgiving is NEXT week!!!  Seriously, where has the time gone?!?}…  We have spent every Thanksgiving of my life with my grandmother on my dad's side of the family and it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving if we didn't make our annual pilgrimage to a tiny town out in West Texas for the holiday…

This year, though, some of my favorite relatives, who normally make the trip from Nebraska every November, aren't going to be able to come down…  And I am bummed!  Seriously bummed.

So what is a card-maker to do in this situation??  You got it...
And I've got just a couple of days left to get them in the mail on time!  :)

I really am in love with this sentiment stamp…  Perfect for family members that will be so missed at our Thanksgiving celebration this year…


I had a couple of challenges in mind with this card…  The current color combo at ColourQ is one of my favorites and I love the "So Torn" theme at Cas-ual Fridays this week!  :)


Thanks for stopping by…  Are you busy planning for next week's festivities?  What will you be doing?  Hosting?  Traveling??  Whatever your plans, please know I am sending virtual Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours from here!  :) 


12 comments:

  1. The tearing looks awesome here- fab card!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Jennifer! Very folksy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has such a fantastic, homespun feel! I love the patterned hills with the torn edges for texture, and the burlap ribbon is fabulous! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your vaca sparked something awesomesauce in your cards because WOW! I'm loving this too! So warm, love the torn hills! And I need that sentiment on my Tday cards, I didn't have anything that said "sending". I guess I could have been clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with that stamp, love your hills. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Jen, love the burlap ribbon, the torn papers a nice touch! So happy you joined this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY torn hills:)
    But, no pun intended, I can't get those pumpkins out of my mind:/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with the hills..very clever. It adds such a rustic feel to the card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Love all the great details.Thanks for playing along with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen - I love your torn hills, and that multi-loop bow is so eye-catching! Great color/pattern combination too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I ADORE the torn paper hills!!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Jen. Beautiful card. The torn papers, that fab bow and your coloring all add up to a great design.

    I'm re-following you now that I realized how many blogs Blogger had seemingly just dropped! :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...