Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sock It To Me! :)

Pin It

Hello!  Hope you are having a great week!  It's been a pretty crazy week around here with work stuff (won't bore you with the details, but let's just say it's been mentally and emotionally exhausting!).  Naturally that means some crafty me-time was in order!  ;)  {I always say, "At least it's cheaper than therapy…"  And really -- isn't this just the best way to "get away???"}

So I wanted to pop in with a card that I made just for fun…  I fell in love with this stamp set from Avocado Arts and just went to town making card after card from it (more to come, promise!  :)

I drew my inspiration from a card by Lisa Spangler that was offered up as this week's muse over at CASE Study.  The inspiration is not literal.  I loved all her layers and the way she mixed her patterned papers.  She was able to get a lot of texture and depth in her card through heat embossing, added dimensionals, and her pearl & twine embellishments…  LOVE!  :)

Lisa's card:

And mine:



Layers?  Check.
Patterned Papers?  Check.
Texture?  Check, check!
Depth?  Check!
Fun?  You betcha!  :)

Hope you like my card…  I love it (but I will not reveal how many die cut ovals I went through before I was able to get the sewing just right!  And how many times I came thisclose to sewing my thumb onto the card!  Ha!)!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by…  Have a great Friday!!!  :)


8 comments:

  1. This is adorable! The stamped close-pins are just too cute & great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sockittome,sockittome,sockittome,..isn't that in a song?
    Anyway,This is a GREAT card..fabulous stitching!(glad you didn't get your fingers under the needle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally totally adorable!!! You are patient to redo your oval so many times! I think after the second I would have been like forgetabouta!

    I can identify with your week! It sums up my 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I love the stitching details. It's amazing how hard it can be to add seemingly easy details to a design. LOL, I can totally relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a massive crafty therapy session, Jennifer, and you came out the other end with a magnificent card!! Wowza!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those layers! And the stitching on that oval is AH-mazing! I hope work let go of you a little bit, it seems to be a hard day, week, year for people, including me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, those little socks could not be any cuter! Adorable! Thanks for playing with us over at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Great use of colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...