Saturday, May 4, 2013

Making a Case for Neutrals...

Pin It

Hello!  Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous day it is here!  We had a couple of very non-Spring-like days earlier this week, but the sunshine is out today (without it being like 140 degrees like it often gets around here! :)

So, today I have something that's a little different for me…  You may know that this month's Muse at Case Study is Maile Belles, whose work is always stunning…  This week's inspiration is nothing short of spectacular, and I had to jump in!  :)

First, her original:

I love the use of tone on tone (white on white) and the way the whole card has a real "neutral" feel to it.  And I love that her flower hangs off the edge of her flat panel.  

So here's my take using those same elements: 


I kinda like the subtlety of the colors (in fact, the Melon Berry and Aqua Mist were always stamped 3rd generation to intentionally keep them light!) and the "neutral" feel of the card (that's a departure for me, ya know!)…

{Funny story -- I'm always changing up the way I photograph my cards because I can never figure out how to get them to look on here the way they do in real life…  :-/  (it doesn't help that I'm usually taking my pics late at night, after I've finished my projects…)  So, this morning, I'm walking thru my house, trying to figure out where the best natural light is…  and wouldn't you know -- 9,000 windows in this house and the best light is from the one above my bathtub!!!  So, this pic was taken with me (fully clothed -- not trying to give you THAT visual!) sitting inside my (dry!) bathtub!!!  Geez!!  LOL!}

Anyway, hoping you have sunny skies and a great weekend!  :)


6 comments:

  1. Lovely neutral card. You are too funny...the bath tub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO! 1st, gorgeous card, like jaw-dropping stunning. 2nd, you consistently make me snort out my coffee (payback for the tub visual, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the woodgrain and fabulous stamping using Folk Art Medallion! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...