Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Case-ing Perfection! :)

Pin It

Hi!  Quick post this evening to share a card I made for this week's Case Study with muse Maile Belles.

True story:  when I first started looking at card blogs, a little over a year ago, I came across this card and it was the very first card I ever saved to my "favorites" file…  So when I saw that this card was to be our inspiration card, to say I was intimidated would be an understatement.  I have been steadying myself for the better part of a week trying to decide how to CASE what, in my mind, is perfection….

Here is Maile's card…


I love everything about this card.  Everything.  My challenge was that I didn't want to be too literal in my interpretation, so I chose to emulate the elements that most "spoke" to me:  the background stamping (I clear embossed so I could distress to give my kraft cardstock a more vintage feel) and the color scheme (neutrals are always outside my comfort zone).

Here's my take:


Thanks for stopping by…  Hope you're off to a great week!  Gotta go, got a Spurs game to watch!  :)


5 comments:

  1. Um gee I actually love love your design! It is has so many beautiful floral embellishments and I think you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! love the mix of flowers! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful cluster of flowers :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is a fabulous interpretation of Maile's design. It's those wonderful flowers that I can't stop swooning over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh jen! this is gorgeous! love the background story too. you know, you say neutrals are out of your comfort zone but your neutral cards are always amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...