Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Making a "CASE" for Black

Pin It Hello!

Popping in with something kinda new (to me) today!  So, it's probably pretty clear that I typically like color -- wide ranges of color -- but what you may not know ('cuz I don't tend to post my attempts that aren't deemed "post-worthy") is that I struggle with earth tones and black!  That's why when I saw these cards by Agnieszka, I knew that I was going to have to put my past failures opportunities behind me and give it a whirl.


I love the tone-on-tone embossing of the black and the pops of vibrant color down the side.  (Btw, Aga is the May muse over at the CASE Study Challenge Blog and so I look forward to being pushed outside my comfort zone all month long!  I love her clean, crisp, and simple style!)

Ok, enough stalling!  Here's my take:


I'm actually quite pleased with the way it came out...  A little more fussy than Aga's gem, but that's more me...  :)  I did leave this one sentiment-less because I think it's a great any-occasion card and, to quote another blogger I admire, because "the outside is just so dang pretty!"  (hello, Melissa Shea!  :)

Thanks for stopping in -- I'll be back in a bit with another post (I've had 3 -- yes, THREE! -- days off in a row so have gotten in some good quality crafting time!!  :)   Would love to hear from you -- I always appreciate your sweet comments!


Supplies:

  • Hero Arts "Large Fabric Design" Background Stamp
  • Versamark Ink
  • Hero Arts clear embossing powder
  • Making Memories brads and metal oval nameplate
  • Martha Stewart "Brights" 8x8 paper pad
  • Martha Stewart "Scalloped Dot Square" Punch All Over the Page
  • Prima Flowers
  • Ribbon, adhesives

3 comments:

  1. I think you played the colors really beautifully, Jennifer! I love the window-like design with the colors! Very intricate and gorgeous! Awesome job you did! Remember now, there is no failure in paper crafting, only opportunities (of learning and having fun)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Jennifer! I love the crisp look, beautiful embossing and the pop of colour. Thank you for playing with us at CASE Study this week! xx Chupa

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I so love the black with pops of color.. this is just beautiful..love the embossing too.. Thanks so much for entering into the DT Call over at TAWS..This is going to be so hard to pick just one of you..
    HUGS
    Ali
    -owner of the Alley Way Stamps

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...